Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A New Year

A new year is upon us and as I look back upon the year that has passed, it is with satisfaction of finding new ways of working with fiber and refining methods of doing learned crafts.

It has been an enjoyable year in so many ways and a troubling way in others. Isn't that the way of each year? I am sure that the upcoming year will have its trials and tribulations as well as its joys and excitement. To face each is to know life at its fullest and to be truly alive.

I am off next week to visit with my "back seat buddies" in St. Louis. We dubbed ourselves such as the three of us sat in the back seat of a van as we traveled around South Africa years ago. We get together whenever we are in the same city and I look forward to our visit. This is the first time they will meet my oldest son, Markus, as he is going with me.

While in St. Louis, we are going to attend two figure skating events. Markus and I are both huge fans of figure skating.

On the fiber front, I have been busy dyeing yarn and have stacks of it ready to "put to the needles".

I have also been busy with my Knifty Knitter looms. I've heard that two new looms are coming out in February and I will keep an eye out for them. Must have all! Must have all!

I have quite a few bags knitted on these looms and I need to get photos of them as a grouping and post them to my for sale blog. These bags have lots of stretch to them and are very nice to carry those "whatevers" that we always seem to need to take with us to keep our crafting fingers busy. Of course, they are large enough to stuff the KK looms into along with extra yarn.


Free counters provided by Andale.