Saturday, October 02, 2004

It's finished!


shawl view 1

This is the shawl that I knitted from a California Red fleece, purchased from Applerose Farm. My shawl is handspun and knitted in the feathers and fans pattern. Holding the shawl closed is a clip that I purchased in South Africa. The center has a leopard head and three tiny leopards dangle from the bottom of it.

I feel like I have been working on this shawl forever! Finally it is done, and I must say that I am quite pleased with it.

California Red is a sheep that is cream in color with face and legs the vibrant red of an Irish Setter dog. Beautiful sheep! Throughout the fleece are scattered red fibers which show up in the knitted shawl. Gotta look for them, but they are there.

Now I can devote myself to finishing the poncho that I have been working on. The poncho is also hand spun and knitted from a black/white merino fleece. The black/white have been carded together and the effect is a brown tweed. Very nice, but is taking a long time to finish. I have about four inches more to go and that means several more skeins of yarn to spin.


Free counters provided by Andale.