Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Indeed it is!




An owl is perched on my spinning wheel, so it must be that time of year when the veils are thinning and most anything can happen. Halloween is near! Are your pumpkins carved? Is your costume ready?

The leaves are changing color and the air is starting to get just a touch of crisp fall cooling. It is the time of year when my thoughts turn to the natural colors, browns, yellows and oranges, and shades of gold.

I turn to thinking about natural dyes and start looking around and noticing mushrooms and bark and leaves and wondering what colors they will bring me.

At my storefront I have rovings dyed with tea leaves, some with saffron, and some with onionskins. I have a pot of mushrooms simmering on the stove and we will see what colors I can get from that tomorrow.

For now, take a peek at the rovings on my storefront and notice how "naturally" the natural dyes go together. They seem to take to each other, well, naturally!


Free counters provided by Andale.