Monday, August 30, 2004

Carding my dyed wool

I worked on carding yesterday, finishing up some wool that I had dyed sky blue. Very lovely and I have lots of it, so do be sure to ask about it if you are interested in roving. My rovings are cloud soft and just "dyeing" to be spun!

In fact, you must simply be prepared to keep them under lock and key and away from your spinning wheel or spindle because I guarantee that your wheel and spindle will grab up the roving and spin it up before you have the opportunity to do so yourself!

Or perhaps it is gnomes or fairies that come in and do the spinning. I'm not sure, but such will happen and you will have lost out on all the fun and delight of spinning the roving yourself.

Still, I've never had the gnomes or fairies actually knit with the yarn yet so at least you would be able to enjoy the yarn even if you didn't get to spin it.

Remember the dye pot results from a few days ago? Well, the one that was navy blue, shades of blue, touch of blue-green, purple, maroon with a bit of dark pink has been carded and it is absolutely beautiful!

My husband calls it "purple majesty", but I think it more closely resembles "peacock feathers" and it was such a delight to card. So soft and silky! I did end up adding a touch of firestar to it and I will take a photo later.


Free counters provided by Andale.