Saturday, August 28, 2004

Bumble's knitted "Hippie Vest"

Prior to my surgery last week, I went on a search for a knitted vest pattern like the one I knitted many many years ago. I searched high and low, and finally, with the assistance of a dear lady on one of my many lists I had a pattern to work with!

I would have loved to have knitted this in a "tie dye" pattern, rather appropriate I would think, but I knew I would not be in a state of mind to do so what with pain meds and all.

Instead, I decided to knit this with balls of scrap yarn left over from other projects. The yarn is acrylic as I often use "store bought" yarn to do a pattern the first time and later will use my hand spun if I really liked the pattern.

I love my vest! The many many colors are wonderful although I did find it rather tedious to have to weave in so many different ends because of the small balls of yarn I had used to knit with.

Today I will stitch the shoulders and take a photo of my vest so that you can see the results.

Let me know what you think!


Free counters provided by Andale.