Friday, September 03, 2004

My Bumble Rug weaving loom

This is my Union Loom, the workhorse of the weaving world. This loom has woven hundreds of rugs of all shapes and sizes. The photo shows it the day it arrived at my home and before my husband and son carried it into the house. My floor looms are arranged one on each side of the fireplace downstairs and I think they work splendidly at "balancing" the look of the room.

I use this two harness room to weave my "Bumble Rugs" and the Union faily leaps with joy whenever I approach it with warp and weft at hand. It truly loves to weave!

My Bumble Rugs are woven with Pendleton wool selvage which I purchase at the Pendleton Mill in Oregon. They have many bags of this "waste" that is sold to weavers who weave it into beautiful and functional rugs. The selvage is the waste that is cut off after the weaving of blankets and material at the mill.


Free counters provided by Andale.